Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NOM NOM NOM

I'm so proud! Definitely thought I had lost you for good this time, but so excited that you're back!
I've been running strong now for the past two weeks, pretty much every day if not every other; always at least 4 times a week and never less than 3 miles. Might not sound like much, but from where I started...the fact that I have not keeled over is in and of itself an accomplishment=)

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before or not but mapmyrun.com is the game I play either before or after each run. Just type in your city and form your own route to the distance of your choice or head out for a run, go until you can go anymore, try to remember where you went, then come home and map it out to find out how far you actually went. I prefer the latter of the two as I always run much further than I would have thought=)
Another fun game...make an hour long play list, or as in my case, a couple=) It's fun because an hour of music is really only about 16 or 17 songs which seem like nothing when you're running. Also, I can usually do about 6 miles in the hour which is a good distance too!

Ok ok I'll stop rambling! Glad to have you back!

Pkeeeeeeew!

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome. I've heard a lot about map my run; although I haven't used it too much yet. I definitely should probably freeball it a little more, but I like knowing exactly where I'm going and how far. I had the lady at the running shop give me some cool trails and stuff; it'll be great next summer when I can just jump in Lake Michigan when I am done.

    ReplyDelete